Muffin Recipe (I am making this up as I go along based on a recipe below)
1 and 1/2 cups Gluten Free Biscuit and Baking Mix
1 and 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon - only about 1/2 tsp cinnamon left, so that is what is going in
dash of salt
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1/3 cup oil
2 Tbsp molasses
1/4 maple syrup
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
Well, they are in the oven baking at 350 and I realize that I forgot to add the eggs. That's what I get for baking when I am tired. Well, they look OK, but I won't be able to report on how they taste because I won't be eating them until I get into bed. So, Good Night!
The recipe I devised is based on the following recipe from
http://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes_detail.php?rid=814
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins
|
| Directions: |
| Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray standard 12-muffin pan with cooking spray or use paper liners. Combine pumpkin, maple syrup, molasses, oil, egg (or tofu), and vinegar in large mixing bowl. Beat on low until very, very smooth, about 1 minute. Combine remaining ingredients (except nuts) and add to pumpkin mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened. Stir in nuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan (use spring-action ice cream scoop for uniformly-sized muffins) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Makes 12 muffins *Egg Alternative: Use 1/2 cup silken tofu, blended until smooth. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION Servings Size: 1 Muffin Calories 220, Calories from Fat 100, Total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 15g and Protein 3g. |
No comments:
Post a Comment